Friday, July 6, 2012

the fourth.

There is no better day than the fourth of July. It is my most favorite holiday out of the year.

We started celebrating Tuesday night, it was our neighbor Steve's annual BBQ and firework show. He spends a lot of time and money throughout the year putting it together and it's honestly the best firework show of the year. We had to drug our dogs because they are scared of loud noises and they were pretty out of it by the end of the night. I felt so bad for them but, it was a pretty funny sight. They slept through the entire show.

The next morning, we started out the day watching the Kaysville parade with my family. My mom and Matt had a cute float for "living the legacy" it turned out really cute. Avrey had a blast and loved catching "can-ies". Thanks to Blake, I was nice and festive in my new red jeans he bought me. He hates heat, crowds and festivities but, he was a trooper all day to make my favorite day another great memory.

Later that night we went to Blakes parents for another BBQ and some summer games. I made some layered festive drinks for the party that turned out really cute. Shanna and Jeanette came up with a few minute to win it games that hopefully turn into a new yearly tradition. We had a blast and a lot of laughs.

We ended the night on top of our roof watching fireworks around our neighborhood. We could see a little bit of Layton cities and a few other random ones here and there. All and all it was a really good holiday and I loved all the memories we made.


sample of Steve's show




Watching the parade



Showing us her "can-ies"


 

my fun drinks and us with Breymen


here are some shots of the fun games we played at the family BBQ
(compliments to Shanna)






Grandma and Grandpa were the laugh of the party.





watching fireworks on the roof

1 comment:

  1. love it love it love it!!
    your niece is so dang cute.

    I am so glad you have joined the fam kailee. no one else wants to do fun festivities but me and you! You saved my boring family life!!!

    ReplyDelete